Although I am not very interested in New Year’s Eve and passing in a new year from the protocol perspective, I think its a good time to point out some general directions.
I believe overall the past year was very good in relation to my testing experience.
The details are important, but can change, that’s why I tent to set general goals (it also gives more options to use as a solution):
- Find suitable ways to keep being known in the testing field. This is important especially in finding new clients. But not only there:(also) government paperwork, renting/buying a house, dealing with a bank, unblocking quickly the Paypal account , general trust in many situations…
- Deal with the particular problems that might appear while trying to raise a reputation: more responsibility, accepting constructive criticism, detect and reply properly to nonconstructive criticism
- Continue learning about testing. The more I learn, the more I think I know less. But its still a good feeling
- Do the best job I can do with the clients, so I can bring value to them
- Do the best job I can do at the conferences I was invited this year
- Solve anything that might come on the way