Really enjoyed the experience at Ignite Berlin #3 where I did my talk Expanding the area of your current job and expertise
Ignite is a global event, organized by volunteers, where participants are given five minutes to speak about their ideas and personal or professional passions, accompanied by 20 slides. Each slide is displayed for 15 seconds, and slides are automatically advanced. The Ignite format is similar to Pecha Kucha, which features 20 slides displayed for 20 seconds each. The presentations are meant to “ignite” the audience on a subject, i.e. to generate awareness and to stimulate thought and action on the subjects presented.
It’s something really cool I think, you have a lot of freedom even if the format is basically strict.
You can talk about anything and the sensation is awesome. 5 min is something that I think would work out for testing talks too. In one hour people loose interest, get bored and this format is more similar to a song. It’s the same amount of time and you can get some emotions triggered also the imagination.
The sessions were:
Session 1 at 20.00:
1. Isabeau – “how time works”, hihi
2. Anna Kostreva – 4 dimensions of inertia in Berlin
3. Alper Çugun – play for social change
4. Joel Dullroy – we shouldn’t work for free
5. Kati Krause – we should work for free
Session 2 at 21.00:
6. Eusebiu Blindu - expanding the area of your current job + expertise
7. Clare Patterson – why people on the internet sound wrong
8. Alex Wolfson – incite
9. Philippa Barr – ancora vivo
10. Sridhar Ravichandran – hacking yourself to have musical capabilities
All these talks will have a Youtube video soon.
Thanks for organizers Yasmina, Peter and Claudia!ShareThis